Lifetime 51550 Hoop Specs
3 Piece, 3.5″ Diameter
Where To Buy:
Find The Best Price
- Basketball players don’t need to worry about the backboard shattering after a nasty spill. The 48-inch Shatter Guard Fusion backboard has Makrolon polycarbonate technology that is very strong
- Hoop is portable which makes moving the hoop simpler than in-ground models
- As an affordable portable basketball hoop stability can at times be an issue. There will be some mild vibrations when shooting from deep range
- Polycarbonate backboards are not a good choice for advanced players looking for top hoop performance
Features and Specifications
- 48-inch shatter-proof polycarbonate backboard with fade-resistant graphics
- 3-piece, 3-inch round Speed Shift pole adjusts from 8 feet to 10 feet
- All-weather nylon net; base fills with water or sand
- Portable basketball system with strong 31-gallon polyethylene base and bottom wheels
- Solid-steel Slam-It Rim with double-compression springs and welded net hooks
Improve your jump shot or participate in a backyard game of one on one with the Lifetime 51550 Courtside Portable Basketball Hoop. While in-ground hoops usually are set in concrete, the Lifetime 51550 Courtside Portable Basketball Hoop rolls on wheels, allowing you position the basket support in any desired position, from the driveway to the center of the cul-de-sac. All that is needed is filling of the 31-gallon polyethylene base with water or sand and it’s ready for game time.
The Lifetime 51550 Courtside Portable Basketball Hoop is manufactured with both a height adjustment mechanism and a spring-back rim system. The three-piece, 3-inch round Speed Shift pole allows you to adjust the height of this system easily so a that almost anyone can do it. Because of this advancement, all ballers in your home can enjoy the game on their own terms, while aspiring all-stars can steadily raise the level 6 inches at a time as their vertical improves if you are looking to dunk. Meanwhile, The Slam-It Rim will help to protect the hoop if you do decide to have a dunking frenzy (who wouldn’t?).
The solid-steel rim features double-compression springs that give way during dunks to protect the player, then spring back once released. The regulation rim features 1/2-inch braces, with welded-steel net hooks and an all-weather nylon net. Other features include fade-resistant graphics screen-printed onto the backboard with UV-resistant inks, a high-impact polyethylene frame around the backboard, and a powder-coated, rust-resistant finish around the pole.